Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: New trim lever

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default New trim lever

Hi guys, I've been flying my Kitfox 4 with 912 as often as I can, and wanted to do something with the elevator trim for landing purposes. I have the Ray Allen servo, and a trim tab I installed when I rebuilt the plane. If I don't use trim for landing, I tend to come in faster then needed, and float quite a bit further down the runway. I've been using the electric trim, but it's very slow, maybe 20 seconds to go from neutral to full trim. And then back again before takeoff. I took a bungee and ran it around the seat truss and joy stick, and made a notched piece of aluminum for keeping the bungee where I wanted it for faster trim. That did work, but was kind of clumsy and so I tried another way of tightening the bungee. This is what I came up with. And it does really work well. Takes nothing to pull the lever back, and it trims the stick to where ever you want it for you approach. Some leather between the moving parts for friction. Now I use the electric trim for cruise and this for landing. If the tension is set right, when you push the stick way forward, the trim lever moves and the trim is removed. This was the proto type, and looks a bit clunky, When we ramp up full time production, we will make it shine. Just kidding, no production planned. Anyway, laugh if you like, or copy it if you want to. This would probably work for some one with no trim tab as well as long as you only need nose up trim. JImChuk
    Attached Images Attached Images