Hey everyone, my name is Chris and this is my first post here.

I'm a low-time student pilot (just shy of 20 hrs logged, only flying 172's), and hope to have my cert by the end of the year. I currently live full-time in Costa Rica (avid surfer here) and have been training in SoCal and Boulder, Co, and not surprisingly it's been taking a while...I intended to devote this last year to getting my PPL, but we all know how that went...

My ultimate plan is to have a bush plane down here, and besides just flying for the joy of it my intention is to be able to fly to different surf spots - I just can't get my head around driving long distances here anymore, and since there's still a fair bit of open spaces here (for now at least ), I'd like to be able to enjoy it while it's still relatively uncrowded. Also on the table is that my wife and I are also looking to have a 2nd home, quite possibly in Ca. so there is that too.

All this brings me to why I'm here - I don't know anyone who flies! I've been plugging away at this for a while, and realized that I have nobody to hang with that's into flying, let alone flying bushplanes...in other words a mentor! I've been getting kinda demoralized, as I haven't even been up in a taildragger yet (I'm actually considering training in one), let alone a Kitfox or Highlander.

I'm planning to be Stateside within a month or so, and would love to connect with anybody that might be willing help a fella get some exposure. Fwiw, I'm no stranger to the mechanical side of things so I'm quite happy to help out - fair exchange and all that ya know.

So thanks for reading all this, and let me know if you're feeling mentor-ish...

You can email me at guitarchris506@musician.org, or I can phone you if that works as well.

Thanks!