Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Geek's STi Build

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Geek's STi Build

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Page View Post
    ........Sorry for hijacking your build thread, Geek...
    Eric - No worries. Flooding out is way worse than combat snowing and for those of us living up here, your info was germane to us all. My complaint was that I didn't get to work on my airplane as much as I wanted, and in the grand scheme of things my wimpy is nothing. This storm has been a real kicker for everyone. While I have a long driveway to plow, I also have a tractor to plow it with. So it was slow but doable. There were those with walk behind blowers that were having real issues. One of the biggest reasons I like living in a small town is that when this kind of stuff happens, you get all the help you need and give all the help you can. Sort of like this forum eh?

Stay safe my friend.

G
    Gary (Geek) Phenning
    Leavenworth (Not the Prison), WA
    Kitfox STi N68SG

Default Re: Geek's STi Build

Sanding the door frame joints which is kind of a pain but almost complete. In between sanding and re-applying the bondo I have been finishing up the VHF antenna mounts in the vertical stab. Mounted the center mount that supports the antenna cable BNC connection as well as the lower mount. Once the Hysol had set, I installed the antenna and am happy with the results. Others who have mounted this dipole antenna in the stab have reported good results so am happy with this. I also built the electrical cable for the trim motor and antenna cables that will run back to the far rear of the fuselage. Need to do the cable for the position light in the tail but am looking at how to run the cable from the fuselage into the rudder. Any inputs on how you all did this would be appreciated.

Gary

Cables.jpgVHF Ant 4.jpgVHF Ant 6.jpgVHF Ant 7.jpgVHF Ant 8.jpg
    Gary (Geek) Phenning
    Leavenworth (Not the Prison), WA
    Kitfox STi N68SG