Was inspecting my prop yesterday, and found that it's really beginning to show its age. It's a wooden Aymar-DeMuth, 72 / 47 built back in 2000. It's certainly so, I'll plan on refurbishing it and keeping as a spare, but I think it's time for me to try out something new.

I'm an accomplished vehicle fabricator, be it 2 or 4 wheels, but when it comes to airplanes, I'm more of a pilot then a wrench, and as such, am more knowledgeable about flying airplanes than I am about the technical details of equipment combinations like engines/props. As such, I thought I'd poll the community about current adjustable prop choices for a Lycoming powered Kitfox.

My airplane is a Series 5 Outback powered by a 115hp O-235 L2C. The vast majority of my flying is to and from grass and backcountry strips, generally within a couple hours of where I live in Hood River, OR (4S2), but I do make the occasional multi-day X/C. The Aymar-DeMuth has been the only prop I've had, so I don't really know any better (or worse!).

As far as performance, my current configuration allows me to generally climb out at around 1200-1400 FPM from my home strip at 600 feet ASL (depending on the amount of blue juice I'm lugging around), and I typically see cruise speeds in the neighborhood of 110-115mph, but I'd be happy with trading a little cruise speed for a shorter take-off and better climb-out.

The only other Kitfox I've flown is a friend's very-dialed Series 7 SS with a 914 and an Airmaster constant speed. This is a very nice and versatile setup, but an Airmaster is running in the neighborhood of $12k these days, which is a larger investment than what I'd like to make at the moment. Of course, probably the greater consideration, is that with a comparatively heavy O-235 hanging off the front of my airplane, the additional weight of a CS prop setup up on the nose isn't exactly ideal.

Given my setup and my typical mission, it would seem that a good compromise between price & performance options would be a ground adjustable prop that I could generally operate in a STOL configuration, but set to more of a cruise prop for those occasional long-distance X/C trips halfway across the country.

I was looking at the Sensenich 2F0K6C76AF-0 and the Whirlwind GA200CN. Both of these look nice, and they're within a couple hundred dollars of each other all-in. However, I don't know anyone who has flown either of these props. It'd be great to hear some feedback from other Kitfox pilots who have used either (or both!) of these propellors with a Lycoming or Continental. In addition, I'd be happy to hear of ideas for adjustable props that I might consider with my plane/engine/typical mission.