Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: JBM carb boots

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default JBM carb boots

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone has seen this with a JBM carb boot. I bought these a number of years ago, they sat in the plastic container they are packaged in till last summer when I installed them on my Kitfox 4 rebuild. Last couple of flights I had some missing between 5050 and 5150 rpm. It seemed smooth below that and at 5350 was smooth as can be. I had another set of carbs rebuilt, and got them back yesterday. I figured I would swap them out and see if the miss went away. When I started to pull the first carb off, the boot seemed real flexable, and then I saw the boot was cracked on the bottom part. Pulled it off, and this is what it looks like. I wasn't really reefing on the carb today. For sure didn't pull on it hard enough to tear this if things were as they should be. I wonder how bad it was torn yesterday when I was flying, the miss was still there, but not real bad, kind of intermittent. I would be supprised it would run at all like this. It was torn on the bottom though, and the weight of the carb would hold it together somewhat, but still... It must have opened up some more today when I pulled the carb then it had been. I swapped out a good old one, and see if the miss is there next time I fly. Any thoughts? JImChuk
    Attached Images Attached Images