Last week I purchased a Kitfox. I believe it's a Model 2 and it has a Silver head 532CL 2 stroke Rotax engine which is oil injected. I'm currently in the process of getting my PPL. I own and operate a small machine and fabrication business in Southeastern MI and I think this was a great purchase because I don't mind putting in the time and effort into getting it air worthy. I also have a background as a power sports and automotive mechanic, that along with my little machine shop, there's not a whole lot I can't build from scratch or repair... I have a buddy who is an A&P and is willing to help me get the safety inspections all squared away. The aircraft is all together and aside from some questionable wiring issues, looks like it would fly. My A&P friend took a close look and didn't see anything overly concerning...

As far as I know, the biggest issues are the following
- Allegedly the maintenance logbooks where burnt up in a fire (All I really know is they are not in my possession)
- There is no data plate in the aircraft anywhere. As far as I know it has to have a serial number in order to have an air worthiness cert.
- The aircraft has a tail number (which was canceled/un-registered in 2015, but was registered to an individual who has since passed away)

I'm hoping some of you here would be willing to help and point me in the right direction to getting the paperwork side of this aircraft all sorted out. I'm relatively new to aviation and any pointers would be much appreciated

Thanks!