Here's the situation. Plane is fully assembled with only a couple of tasks remaining before weight & balance and inspection. Today's job was trimming and mounting the turtle deck. Step 1. Put the turtle deck in place and mark where it needs to be trimmed to mate against the fuselage carry through tube. Sounded easy enough - then I discovered a problem. My wingtip wires and pitot tubes run through the aft wing spar. When they enter the fuselage, they run aft of the bolt that holds the rear spar in place. They are very tidy, but now I see they are in the way of fitting the turtle deck. If I had chosen to run them in front of that rear spar bolt there wouldn't be a problem. All of the wires have "service" connectors so they can be disconnected and individually pulled into the spar and run forward of the bolt. But the connectors are waterproof and a little too bulky to push into the spar and pull back out in front of the bolt. The wires ends are crimped to pins that snap into the plug body and it would be a miracle if I didn't bugger up one or more pins disassembling them.

An easier solution would be to pull the aft spar bolt and swing the wing forward just enough to give maybe an inch of clearance between the rear spar and fuselage. That would give me room to rerun the wiring and tubing with the connection ends in place. Any comments on swing the wing forward a bit other than to just give it a very careful try?