Okay here is the deal. I want to try using a shutter over the oil cooler. Because we are running the larger oil cooler, the one kitfox uses on the 915, there are currently no shutters being made that will fit. I have pretty good data as far as how much of our oil cooler is covered during the winter time and how much I cover it during the summertime to do the math and figure the correct size I need. (enough surface area in the summer verus winter) With that info I have calculated what size of shutter I need. Someone gave us a shutter that is designed for a 0 360 oil cooler. The design is really smart and should work good, it is just the wrong size. I contacted a couple companies that still make these and they are not interested in making a couple one offs. So I have decided to use their design and draw a larger one up in solid works. I found a local guy that will then cut them out using a waterjet. What I need help on is figuring out what to do on the hardware.

1. The nut appears to be machined into the aluminum with a collar so that the arm can pivot on it. I need help sources a solution for this. The local guy says his waterjet is accurate to .001 and his size of opening he can cut is .035" So I think I can draw that hex cutout in solid works and he could cut it? The collar that extends allows a pivot point for the arm while allowing you to tighten the nut and now compress the arm allowing free travel. Hoping to source something similar?

2. The arm has some type of solid rivets that grab the louvers to move them. I guess I could just use a tapered long solid rivet and not squeeze it all the way?

Any input is greatly appreciated