We installed a T-3 tailwheel suspension on our Model IV 1050 with a Matco WHLT-8L tailwheel. Still trying to get the bugs worked out of the rigging. Seems to me that the tailwheel will not release to free-castering before the rudder hits the 30 deg stops. I see on the Matco website that the WHLT-8L comes with a 40 deg release point, but can get an optional 25 deg release. Should I change to the 25 deg? If other members with this setup have some input to this issue, it would be most appreciated! Our turning radius sucks right now!
Also have read the numerous threads on how much slack/tension to have in the chains, but I must be obtuse or something because I don't see anything specific to this setup. Appears there should be some slack in the chains (which I have), but not sure how much. I did look at (more than once!) the YouTube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtokU8mIDQk on how to setup the tension, but as the tailwheel doesn't release until 40 deg then trying to set the chains at that point would be way too tight.