Hi -- I'm still considering ordering a kit and I thought I'd ask for some advice.

I'm not sure which is more suitable -- the SS7 or the STI version. I live at about 300' ASL and fly mostly to grass strips and local airports (=5hrs). I'm currently using club aircraft to do this, and would continue with a kitfox with the addition of a yearly cross country flying trip -- hopefully to include some backcountry or out or the way places.

This fall I got my float plane rating -- which, where I'm from here in Ontario, Canada is "bush flying"... I could see myself putting any kitfox I own on floats, at least for part of every year -- it really was a ton of fun!

I'd like a kitfox with a rotax 915, (I like the idea of fuel injection and turbo) but I have flown a 914 at S&R.

Given those ideas -- I'm looking for some advice. Has anyone done a regular SS7 with a 915? And/or put it on floats? Given my hopes to go on one longer cross country a year, would this be a good option? What about on floats? How about the STI version, would that suit better? On floats?

Thanks in advance for any advice.