Check my work.

I am double checking my elevator travel. I am missing a few pages from Chpt 10, Rigging Flight Controls, pgs 36-40 and 43-45. What I remember about setting neutral stab position is taking the measurement from the the top of the forward tube from the horizontal stab and the vertical stab support tube that runs horizontal. That measurement should be 1-5/16" (?). The elevator was set neutral. My control column was set at 80 degrees. From there I have 39 degrees up travel and 18 down. Not so worried about nose down elevator being spot on. I could move the down stop on the control column, but I like where it is in relation to the instrument panel. My stops are set so that there's no interference with the seat support tube and the bottom of the instrument panel. I think the book numbers are 39 up and 20 down.

Not having seen what a neutral stabilizer looks like on a flying Kitfox, it looks like a lot of nose down. That position looks to be about 25% of stab travel. Is that were most of you set your trim for takeoff?

Thanks.