Considering a Kitfox as a next project. Looking for any real-world advice anyone is willing to provide.

The mission is low level flying and sight-seeing with a passenger, with occasional weekend camping trips to grass strips mostly within a 200 mile radius. Day VFR. Side-by-side seating. My wife and I like to have day-trip picnics at out-of-the-way places (that we currently hike to) so the ability to land and take off from unimproved locations is a plus.

I'm 6'4" and weigh 230 lbs. Most of my height is in my legs. My primary passenger (wife) is of average build, 5'10" tall and 145 lbs. We are 60 years old and in good physical shape. I've been a private pilot for ~15 years, and have flown a variety of small aircraft.

There are two Legend Cubs in my neighborhood, another guy flies a 1947 J-3, one guy flies a Zenith 701 and another who is building a Zenith 750. My next airplane needs to be in the same performance league (or better!) as my friends. I want to be able to do anything they can do, and go anywhere they can go, carry what they can carry, and keep up with them in the air.

I live on a residential airpark with a paved runway and a grass runway. I'm a Lifetime EAA member, and have built one previous airplane (a Zenith CH601), which I have been flying since 2012. I also own a Grumman Tiger which I fly regularly.

Also considering a Highlander, which seems to have a good reputation but which I know little about; as well as a Zenith 750 (which I am most familiar with). But the Kitfox has caught my attention as something I should learn more about, so here I am...

Grateful for any "Real World" advice for a tall guy like me. I know I'm probably being unrealistic in what I want versus what is practical and affordable, but I'm here to learn and maybe find out if there is a Kitfox in my future, or if something else makes better sense.

Thanks,

Patrick