Hi all,
My first question to the group, although I've been learning a lot here for a while now.

I purchased a flying Series 7 project plane and have been working to fix up what is lacking and sub-standard. One of these items was missing wing root fairings. I purchased the templates from KF and printed them to the size specified in the properties of the PDF. But when I build them and try to fit them, they seem to be shorter than what I believe they should be.

So, a couple quick questions;
  • What are the dimensions supposed to be? I measure 8.5" long by 3 15/16" at the widest point based on the template I have.
  • The nut plates that need to be riveted to the underside of wing rib #1, based on the drawing it looks like it needs to be riveted on the cockpit side (inboard) of the rib. Is this correct?
  • How far up the rib from the leading edge should the rivet be position, and similarly how far on the bottom?

Any insights and pictures of this part installed would be appreciated. (I've found a few pics here, but would love to see different angles if available).
Thanks - Mark
Screenshot 2020-09-09 at 4.50.44 PM.pngcuff1.jpg