Hi all, I've been fighting with a 912 80 HP engine in my project that has been keeping me from finishing it and getting the AnP to do the inspection. When I got the engine, it had some ignition issues that I solved. Broken wires and 1 bad module. Finished the project, and could not get the engine to idle smooth no matter what. Spit fuel out the overflow tubes. Even swapped carbs from a 912 that was able to idle smooth. No joy. Lowest compression is 78/80. Last week some one on another site said to try # 30 idle jets, it worked for them when they had the same issues. Got the jets and low and behold, I have a pretty smooth idle now. May have to tweak the sync, just a bit, but no fuel going out the over flow tubes once. So now I'm wondering, why does this engine want the leaner idle jets? Anyone else running the leaner jets? If it wanted a richer jet, I would figure an air leak, but what about if you need to lean it down. Maybe I shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth, as the saying goes. Any comments? JImChuk