Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: 458lk

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 458lk

I've been lurking for quite a while, reaching out to some for advice and generally learning as much as I can getting ready for this moment. It's time to start my build. I recently picked up a 2013 SS7 kit and drove it back home. It only has about 40 hours of work completed and I'm very excited about being able to do the majority of the build on the plane. Thanks to my awesome wife that went on the 4 day road trip on 2 days notice. A very big thank you to Eddie and Brian for answering all my questions and being so supportive! Honestly, it has been the incredible Kitfox community that inspired me to take on this venture and I am excited about becoming part of the family. At first, I will definitely being leaning on others for help, support and guidance but look forward to paying it forward when I can.

Harlan and Bryan (and others): Thanks for doing such detailed build videos. I can only imagine how much time you put into them, but for guys like myself (small brain. like moving pictures), they are incredibly helpful.

For all those that have taken the time to put together detailed build logs with advice and pictures ( I really do like pictures) thank you! I will try to keep up the standard.
    Screen Shot 2020-07-28 at 4.56.32 PM.jpg
    All loaded and ready for the trip from Washington state to Southern California.
    Screen Shot 2020-07-28 at 4.57.27 PM.jpg
    Rotisseries done. Time to get the inventory done and a part order to Kitfox.
    Last edited by tdldedcd; 07-28-2020 at 05:06 PM.
    Todd Downing
    SS7 458LK
    Building
    G3X
    915is, Airmaster prop