Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: The Barn Find Build

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: The Barn Find Build

We are all building model 5's and I too am using a combination of the the KF 5 manual and the new manual.

I ran into something that the new manual addressed, but the old manual didn't, and it bit me. There is no mention (or at least that I saw, but then again, I can read something 5 times and get 6 different meanings) of folding the wings in the KF 5 manual after rigging and checking the clearance between the #1 rib and the rear cary through spar. The new manual has this in it and specifies that the #1 rib might need trimming (before covering) so that the wings will fold back all the way. Well....I missed this and sure enough, the left wing hits about 2" shy of folding all the way back, and my wings are covered. I haven't figured out what I want to do on this screw up yet. But just a heads up for y'all.......since you're about to be at this stage.

Last edited by Jerrytex; 04-29-2021 at 06:50 PM.