Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Starfox Update

Default Re: Starfox Update

For whats it worth, make sure that lower frame is bonded well. The fabric really pulls hard on the window frames. I did mine like the manual said (cupping the tubing) so I had hysol between the frame and tubing on 2 sides, and when I shrunk the fabric, it broke the frame loose in a one area. A real PITA to fix.

Thanks Jerrytex. I figured that and thats why I put it on top instead of the bottom. I may add some more HySol under that piece.
    Starfox

Jim what did you use to paint the aluminum door and window frames?
    Harlan and Susan Payne
    Flying FarmFox STI Kitfox N61HP
    Rotax 915is, Airmaster prop.
    https://www.youtube.com/@KitfoxPilot/videos

Harlan, it’s poly fiber epoxy primer.
    Starfox

Default Very nice day. Finally

Got my car out. Have not driven it in over 4 months since the weather turned and all that has gone on around here. Just hope my plane is as dependable as this car I got done about 5 years ago.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Starfox

Wow! It was a nice day for a convertible ride yesterday. That thing must be a scream.
    Kitfox 5 (under construction)
    Commercial SE/ME, CFII

It does. 454 hp and 490ft/lbs of torque. Took a neighbor’s son for a ride. He is hooked.
    Starfox

Quite a lot has transpired last couple of weeks. Been working on the dual pin door latches. Questioned how the door skins and hinges would work together. Called Brandon and ordered the butt rib close out. I then was looking at the finishing involved. I painted the pin latch parts with a brush and was just not happy with the finish. Ordered a Fuji HLVP sprayer. Made in Canada. Watched a couple of videos on proper application methods and think this system will work great. Moving on to the next step as I don’t think I can set the hinges the proper depth with the addition of fabric and working the close out into place. Also ordered up my trailer as I am going to haul it to the airport every time I fly. Got it today and it is exactly what I wanted. A tow dolly, low to the ground. Will replace the axels with some 2000 lb torsion axels. Should be about right with a 950lb plane, 450 lb trailer and two refuel tanks on top of the trailer. Fenders look like I can move them for placement over the wheels. I will extend the hitch with a ramp on top. Comes with tie down straps and the ramps tilt when the pin is pulled. A somber note to take in is one of my boys have been moved closer to the conflict. My wife is very upset and I am taking this in as it will affect us greatly with high prices, a recession, lost and indecision. I’m sure my boys are saying bring it on because that is what they are trained to do but all is silent. All that has slowed me down a bit. Just got to keep going on the build. Slow but sure.
    Starfox

Brandon did send me these pics of the close out to have an idea of how they work. He said they only do it that way on their’s and the factory planes.
    Starfox

Default Baggage sack

Put the baggage sack in last night. Varnished the floor boards today. One of the easiest projects so far.
    Starfox