On my 1994 built KF4 Speedster, my airspeed has been slowly been getting slower and slower. I took a small syringe and applied a little bit of pressure and low and behold, it didn't hold. I disconnected the pitot line from the airspeed indicator, blocked off the pitot tube and applied a couple lbs of pressure and there is a noticeable leak right where the pitot connects to the tubing. Now the question. The builder didn't put any access panels in near the pitot tube. BTW: I did test the other direction and the airspeed indicator doesn't have any leaks.

1) add an access panel (or two) to fix the leak. I'll probably never be able to match the automotive paint the builder used.
2) move the pitot further out on the wing that I can reach with the wing tip removed.
3) just live with it for now since it works good enough through most of the speed range (up until about 70 mph)

I'm tempted to do 2 just so I don't have to mess with fixing/painting the fabric, though I'm debating 3 and just punt until winter and maybe replacing the 94 vintage gas tank in the right wing and adding a wing tank to the left tank anyways.

Thoughts, comments?

Mike