I am building a 7SS and plan to use a Rotax 914. Although I think that I am a year away from avionics, I have given some thought to it. Because of its wild popularity and availability of support, I will likely go with a Garmin G3X (although I really like the Dynon). I want to keep the G3X as an MFD/Moving Map, and have decided to install a separate engine monitor. I am very conscious about weight, because this is an LSA build. I have a JPI monitor in my Cessna 210 and really like it. Unfortunately JPI has not seen fit to make their displays fully compatible with Rotax and they offer only limited functionality (according to a fellow that I spoke with at the factory).

The FlyBox Vigius came to my attention when I toyed with the idea of using an Edge Performance engine. I have looked at the Vigilus specs and they seem reasonable. I saw one post on the forum about someone who planned to use this monitor in a KitFox iV rebuild. The unit is made in Italy and I can't seem to find any US support for it. It anyone out there using the Vigilus? How well has it worked? What level of support is available? I would appreciate any input.

Thanks

Fred

Building 7SS
Plan Rotax 914
Plan G3X