I recently purchased my very first Kitfox (super stoked!), and now I have to deal with all the logistics of finding where to store it once I bring it back to Arizona. My first option was to place it in a hangar, but so far I have not been able to find a single hangar available in my area. I've thought about putting it my garage as I have plenty of room for it with the wings folded, but I don't think my insurance covers the transport back and forth from my house to the airport. Plus I would have to get a reliable enclosed trailer which would probably cost upwards of $6-7k (based on some quick searches for 8.5' trailer). My alternative option is to store in an uncovered tiedown until I can find a hangar and cover it completed (wings, engine, tail, fuselage, etc.) with a lot of UV protective covers.

I've looked at Bruce's Custom Covers: https://www.aircraftcovers.com/

Has anyone used their products? Are they good at protecting against the sun and are they easy to put on and remove? How well does it do on the rare occasions that it rains?

I hate putting this outside as it is a nice looking airplane, but I'm out of options for now.

Kitfox.jpg