Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Kitfox Trailer Build

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Kitfox Trailer Build

I am looking into building a trailer. This is an example of a trailer build with some similarities to the design I want to attempt . I know the tail gets rather heavy with the wings back. Not sure of the tail wheel weight but i would guess about 300lbs. A modification i would probably do is a roller dolly attached to the tail wheel and the winch that has a spring between the airframe and the dolly to take the extra weight off of the tail wheel for transport. I am not sure of the tail weight but must be around 80 to 100 lbs with the wings not folded. The back of the trailer must go past the prop for protection from behind and to maybe make a hoop system with boat top fabric to fully enclose the airplane in. If anyone has ever attempted this or could chime in that would be great. I am not sure my local airport will be an option in the future and a trailer build like this would give me a lot of options. Here is an old example from the forum.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Starfox