I’ve been in contact with Paul at Stick & Rudder for a demo flight (unfortunately the weather and my work/family schedule haven’t cooperated for this to happen). My wife and toddler son also took a day last week with me to drive to Homedale (we are in Boise) to see the factory and talk to John (thanks John for the great hospitality!)

I’ve got the support of my wife, have the money, but I just can’t decide whether to call John up and order the SS7 or the STi.....tough choice, either package when I add in all the goodies, must haves, and want-to-have come out roughly at the same price point.

After talking with John I’ve decided to stick with the Poly covering systems, and right now my preliminary plan is the 915 and Garmin G3X touch, all subject to change 1,000 times over the course of the build.

I’m trying to get some feedback from builders and pilots flying both models as to the pros and cons they experienced in the build and while flying. This is an expensive endeavor and I want to make certain I’m making the most prudent choice for my build. I’d like to just go putz around southern Idaho, take trips into the backcountry to do some fishing/camping, scouting hunting areas, and make the occasional trip to Idaho Falls to pick up my wife’s elderly mother so she doesn’t drive over to Boise so much to see her only grandchild.

I’m hoping you all can help me add some real world data points to each model so that it can help me make an informed and educated choice on which model to start building.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. This will be my first build, but I’ve got more flight time than I’d like to admit in a very wide variety of aircraft from fully aerobatic, to old J-3’s, to some of the newest Boeing aircraft to come off the line (not the 737 Max!). Basically a lot of aviation flying experience, no building experience, head in the clouds with all things aviation from my earliest memories.... I just can’t decide which model to choose from!