This is not going well. Day 4 and still we are negotiating how to replace the tires.
Frist they didn’t think I bought the tires from them, I had to provide an invoice # even thought I gave them all my info., plus pictures.
Second, they would only replace one, but I had to purchase another tire at $590, then they would ship it, and when I sent the old one back they would credit me back after they inspected it. I said no way, plus I wanted two replacements in case the other one went bad. The two tires have the same stamp number. What if the batch of tires they supplied me are defective.

Now they want me to unmount the old tires and send the old ones back. Once they receive a shipping confirmation they will ship the replacements. Once I get the new tires, I’m going to have to remount the new ones. But this is the “Middle ground” they stated, for not purchasing the replacement tires. We still haven’t spoken about receiving a credit for all the extra time and cost for unmounting/remounting the tires.
The quote from the higher ups at Desser “Per our quality standards we do not make decisions on tires based on images. In order to make a decision we need the tire to be physically in our possession.”

Basically, they are saying they don’t believe I have a defective tire.
I’m pretty fortunate the tire didn’t fail while operating the aircraft. Worst case scenario it could have come apart on landing with a ground loop, lost of control, or even flipping the aircraft.