Quote Originally Posted by jrthomas View Post
It's hard for me to believe that a model 4 with a 912ul could be that heavy. I'd find an A&P with some certified scales that weigh all three points at once, make sure to level it correctly, drain all the gas and weigh it again. Speedster's are heavier but not that much heavier. If it really is that heavy I'd start pulling unnecessary stuff out. One of my buddy's recently bought a model 4 with a tape deck. You said you were unfamiliar with the model 4. In my opinion it's the jewel of Kitfox line. Maybe not quite as refined as the later models but a great performer with its lighter weight. I believe a model 4 with a 912ul and the right prop is every bit the equal, performance wise, to a 100hp model 5 thru 7, at half the price on the used market. Put it on a diet if it really is that heavy and enjoy it. I still have my doubts.
Thanks for the comments. I'm still waiting to hear back from the seller if the deal can be made official, but your words give me more hope that I won't end up regretting the decision. At this point I am open to any model IV and up but the used inventory is just non existent right now.