First regarding camber, I never worried about as my thinking was like Papua Pilot's sort of like camber yes while empty, but get in and presto - perfect alignment.

Coincidentally, by first Model was also a 1993 model - delivered in March of 93.

Grover,
Your question has all the details of my experience. While I was in the build phase, Skystar issued a service bulletin regarding alignment of the early IV landing gear. Essentially it was to fasten the fuselage to the floor as an anchor point, then drop plumb lines and using chalk lines mark all the measuring points. I used a saw horse-like support under the lift strut attachments and a welded fixture that supported the tailwheel and was bolted to t
he hangar floor for security and to counteract the bending forces. The geometry of the supports raised the main gear wheels for wheel removal to expose the axle. A square placed against the axle gave the alignment sighting against the square to a tape measure placed about 10 feet forward of the axle and aligned perpendicular to the center chalk line - both sides. A measurement between both axles gave the desired cross measurement. After the deviation was determined a piece of copper pipe was placed.over the axle to help preserve the threads and a long pipe was placed over that and the gear alignment began. As Grover suggested, it was the axle that bent rather than the gear structure and washers were strategically placed to bring the brake calipers in line with the axles. This procedure was as described in the service letter. I flew with the original bungee gear for a year or two without any issues, then switched to the Hammerhead gear. My take on the early Kitfox models and the number of ground-loops with corresponding high gear collapse rate had to do with either poor tooling alignment or poor welding technique resulting in a very poor quality bungee gear. When designing the cabane gear we once made, I used an original IV bungee gear to set longitudinal wheel positioning and that gear was extremely toed in - something like 3/8 inch at the length of the bungee arm.