Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Looking for some real world numbers on a 100 hp STI

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Looking for some real world numbers on a 100 hp STI

I ordered a STI kit back in aug so I have lot of decisions to make. Like everyone did I'm wondering what engine to use. I would love to have 130 to 150 hp but do I really need the much greater cost and complexity.
    I went out to Kitfox a couple weeks ago to finalize some options I wasn't sure about and I wanted to fly a kitfox which I did with stick and rudder. We flew in a 7ss with a 914 and constant speed prop. It was a very nice ride for sure.
    I live in the fairly flat lands of southern Illinois, most hills are lower than 1000 ft so a turbo isn't needed for crossing mountains.
    Could anyone tell me what they are seeing for takeoff roll on grass with a 100hp STI with a 200 lb pilot? And ground roll with 400 lb on board?
    Not your best take off distance, just your ave. I do want to get out of some short places, 500ft or so.
    Thanks for any help on my HP decisions .
    Attached Images Attached Images