I talked with Hal Stockman because I am leaning towards the 912is and was thinking more hp someday and he said the zipper big bore kits will go right on the 912is . Nothing else has to be done cause the computer compensates the fuel need via the oxygen sensor . So no problem getting more hp according to him. This is just info, I do not push either engine to anyone but no way am I having carbs when I can have fuel injection. JmO

my point in drawing this out (yes i have a spreadsheet... yes i am trying to solve this myself right now) is that the reverse of all this is NOT true. you can NOT start with a 912iS and upgrade to 125 hp. there just isn't a way to get there. I think. Can someone check me on that? that's my sticky wicket with the 912iS -- it seems un-up-gradable. i don't see anyone selling larger jugs, i don't see any turbo kits out there for it ------ it seems like once you go 912iS then that's where you're at. you get a great engine, modern monitoring, great fuel, easy starts, ALL that .... but if you want more than 100 horses ... well ...

Thoughts?[/QUOTE]