Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: 912IS with VPX - Wiring question

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 912IS with VPX - Wiring question

I'm finally getting started on making all my wiring connections. I've run into a few questions though so this is for those who have a 912IS with a VPX. I know there are a few out there.

1) Did you bother with the alternator field connection? I'm leaning towards not doing it since it adds a mechanical point of failure

The 912Is install manual, for lack of better wording, sucks - especially with the electrical portion. I'm trying to figure out a few things here (looking at figure 3.14)
    2) The HIC connectors provide two pins for starter button/switch. How did you integrate this with the VPX starter PIN?
    3) The fuse box connector, X3 shows pin 3 and pin 1 having a 30A breaker on the engine side. Has anyone actually put it on the engine side? I know of two people who didn't. Also, what kind of breaker did you use? If my understanding is correct, the two fuses are guarding the fusebox (well, whatever the X3 connects to inside it) ?
    4) Switches S2 and S3 are SPDT. Can they be combined into a DPDT? (ON) -OFF-ON ?

These are more specific to Garmin G3 and 912is
    5) has anyone connected the lane A/B warning lamps to discrete in PINs to the G3X as well?

6) Where do you install the shunt? As in which side of the firewall?
    Last edited by tracstarr; 10-18-2019 at 11:37 AM.
    912 IS
    Airmaster Prop
    Garmin Stack
    C-FKLO