Because I am working in a shop the size of a one car garage, I need to develop a wing storage solution for when I have the wings done. I plan to house the wings in my 2-car garage on one side. My intent is to put the rack on castors to be able to move around as needed. I am looking for examples or plans for a rack. In reading other threads, I have seen concerns expressed about storing leading edge down for fear that the leading edge extrusion might be damaged/warped by the weight of the wing; that it is better to store with the weight on the rear spar. I'm not sure how that would be possible so, there's that.

In the past, with a different airplane, I suspended the wings to the wall of my shop (not this shop but a previous one) by using nylon web straps similar to what a seat belt is made from. I attached the first web to the wall above the trailing edge of the wing that hung down about two thirds of the wing span. I attached a second strap below the first but above the leading edge. I put two D rings on the first strap and then cinched two straps creating a sling to hold the wing against the wall leading edge down, bottom against the wall. Obviously, the pitot tube was removable.

My plan was to do something similar only using a wooden frame. But, before I start experimenting with my idea, I wanted to learn what others' ideas are and get opinions of others regarding orientation of the wing for storage, leading edge up or down and, if you believe leading edge up, how did you accomplish having the trailing edge down?