Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Western Canadian Kitfox FlyIN Sept 27, 28, 29th

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Western Canadian Kitfox FlyIN Sept 27, 28, 29th

It is official I have confirmation from those involved that we will do a Western Canadian KitFox Flyin Sept 27, 28, and 29th at CGB2. The 29th is a date that was picked by Josh Esser as the best date he had. The date was confirmed with Mic Theisen as a date harvest should be done.

Arrivals can start on Friday the 27th. The 28th will have a pancake breakfast cooked by Chef Mike. The breakfast is sponsered by KitFox Jim so there is no charge. The days flights will be to Red Deer Forestry, Clearwater Strip and then Ram Falls, All Strips are in the foothills with Ram being the highest elevation at about 5350ft. These places are about 80 miles from CGB2 (Carstairs Bishells airfield) From Ram the plan is to fly back to Linden for a mid afternoon meal at Country Cousins. The restaurant is a 3 minute walk from the airstrip. The evening will have a campfire with some tall tale telling and maybe some beer drinking. Glen has offered his hanger as a camping spot either the pilot lounge or the floor of the hanger. Sunday will have another pancake breakfast to start the day and a short fly out to the River Runs with some possible gravel bar landings depending on the water level.

The only thing I ask is that you email me an RSVP so we can get a count on the numbers to expect.

normrdt@gmail.com

20190903_095923.jpg

20190903_101505.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Norm
    Airdrie Ab, Can
    North of Calgary
    Flying SuperFox Model IV