I have one of these engines and have the same complaints as others. I do not have the electric scavenge pump and really do not want to install one. For those of you who have this engine, I want to run by you, my thoughts on dealing with the oil problem. Again, I have not done anything, so I am soliciting your comments regarding my idea: 1. Install a one-way check valve (at the oil filter) to the engine oil inlet. The check valve would have a cracking pressure of 5 PSI. 2. Install a quick drain on the top fitting of the engine oil sump, with a drain tube or catch bottle. At shut-down, open the quick drain and flag the quick drain so as to make sure that it is closed before future start of the engine. In theory, the check valve would prevent any siphoning, and the quick drain would prevent overflow of the engine sump. This will not eliminate the caution of the hydraulic lock consideration. Perhaps it will conserve oil and less of a mess on the floor. I solicit your comments and please feel free to poke holes in my theory. Thanks, Paul 941-661-7850.