Hi all,

I'm pretty much through the purchase process of a 2006 Kitfox Lite Squared and I have a slight conundrum. I love the plane but in the weight and balance it looks to be really really heavy. The empty weight is listed at 737lb, which I can't quite wrap my head around. It has grove gear now but had the original gear when it first made that hefty weigh in. Poring through the forum posts for mention of other Kitfox IV empty weights, it appears a typical number is in the 650 range, give or take. I've also found mention of "heavy" IV's topping out around 705lb. I've gone through hundreds of receipts from the build and can't see any mention of anything that would add 50lb to a typical weigh-in. Other things added that might affect it are wheel pants, widebody mod, bubble doors, 13gal wing tanks, finished baggage area. Would these things add up to a 737lb empty weight? That feels more like Series V territory.

I'm having it weighed this week. I need to ensure it wasn't an error with the original W&B measurements.

Thanks