Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: EarthX Jump Pack

Default EarthX Jump Pack

I really love my EarthX airplane battery and now I see EarthX is selling a very compact, lightweight Jump Pack using their safe lithium-iron battery technology. It is $130, which is not a bad price, but in looking at the specs it is only rated for 200 cranking amps, 400 amps peak. Most other jump packs for sale are at least twice this capacity or more. My question is: has anyone bought one of these, and will it actually crank and start a Rotax uls if the on-board battery is dead? If so, I think I will buy one because of its safer technology; nearly all other jump packs use the more dangerous litium-ion technology.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

Default Re: EarthX Jump Pack

Jim , jump over to the general discussion page and look for the "on board tool kit" thread as the jump pack was discussed last week. I have had mine for a couple years and it turns over my IO-240 like a turbine. It will even start my 8 cylinder plow truck , which suprised me , when you see the size of it. I suspect the Rotax would be a piece of cake. Bruce N199CL

I bought one at AirVenture last year. Haven’t jumped a Rotax yet but it started my V8 engine in my Toyota Tundra. If you are attending AirVenture, they may have it as a show special. Mine was $100.00 at the show last year. I also purchased their remote jump cable so I will be able to use the jump pack, if necessary, right from the pilot’s seat. No need to remove any cowlings. The jump pack can also be used to run devices from the usb plug in the side of the pack and it has a pretty bright flashlight incorporated into it. It is lighter than my 3 other jump packs and has a more compact carrying case. If you order one, use the advert on our site to link to their website. 👍

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Thanks Bruce and DF4, that's what I was hoping to hear. Will go ahead and get one.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

I got one recently also. EarthX is nearby to me, in Windsor, Colorado. It's also great for recharging other devices (cell phone, tablet, etc.).
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime
    Chap. 43 honorary Lifetime

Finding EarthX’s Jump Pack on their website always takes me awhile so I am posting a direct link to it below.

https://earthxbatteries.com/shop/earthx-jump-pack

Also while at Kitfox Aircraft last month I see they use this charger for care and charging of all their EarthX batteries:

https://earthxbatteries.com/shop/opt...harger-lifepo4

If you are purchasing an EarthX battery for your Kitfox and one of their battery chargers at the same time you can get $10.00 off the price of a charger using discount code CJP10 at checkout.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Be sure to read your paperwork that comes with the Battery. Im not sure if Kitfox still sends the battery out with the FWF kit but if that battery sits on the shelf as mine did, it may over discharge. EarthX fully supported me and replaced my battery as the charger I had bought did not work at recovering it. Turns out that my charger was in fact insufficient in spite of it being mentioned as acceptable on their web page. They have since removed that recommendation. I have the new charger that works, you should get it also if you plan on having your battery sit for any length of time. I am going to purchase the jump pack while in Oshkosh I hope.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Bumping this thread. Does earthx still make this? I cannot find on their website and the link above does not work any longer. I have found the cables on AS&S. No power supply though. Looks like airframesalaska sells it. Get it from there?

Thanks all

I searched their website and found no jump pack listed anymore. Just talked to EarthX yesterday and mentioned how much I liked their batteries and Jump Packs and nothing was mentioned about not carrying them anymore. Too bad, I’d have liked to get a second one.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Incredible timing for this post. I somewhere lost my NOCO jumper box and was looking on the EarthX website for a replacement. With no NOCO or EarthX available what other brands are people happy with?
    Dave
    KitFox 6 Taildragger
    912 ULS
    Whirlwind 70” Prop
    Garmin G3x
    All around nice guy