Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: About 2 Stall - South African Kitfox SS7 and stall research with the roof and VG's.

Default About 2 Stall - South African Kitfox SS7 and stall research with the roof and VG's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRNPM7A54Yk

If you can understand our South African accent, I think you'll all find this very interesting.
    Enjoy!
    Reid
    Last edited by Rooster; 07-16-2019 at 12:09 AM. Reason: to add

Default Re: About 2 Stall - South African Kitfox SS7 and stall research with the roof and VG'

Nice video Reid. That is a lot of work. Thanks
    How was the fence attached?
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Default Re: About 2 Stall - South African Kitfox SS7 and stall research with the roof and VG'

Interesting video Reid and yes, lots of effort invested in discovering what is going on when the 7 SS is taken this deep into the stall. The influence of v.g.’s on the top of the windshield is interesting as is the potential of a root fence in postponing or preventing tail stall until well after the wing gives up it’s lift.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Quote Originally Posted by DesertFox4 View Post
    Interesting video Reid and yes, lots of effort invested in discovering what is going on when the 7 SS is taken this deep into the stall. The influence of v.g.’s on the top of the windshield is interesting as is the potential of a root fence in postponing or preventing tail stall until well after the wing gives up it’s lift.

Thanks guys, but I am just a farmer and not clever enough to think of researching these things

These guys live in the Transvaal, about 600 nautical from me. I hope they join this forum at some stage, because they are good thinkers......

I enjoyed their research thoroughly!!

Reid