Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lizard skin stick grips

Default Re: Lizard skin stick grips

Update #2:

The push-buttons and connectors arrived and I was able to get one of the control sticks wired up today. I will be going to my hangar in the morning to get these installed and tested! I will post some pics of them installed along with a final parts list tomorrow.

IMG_4493.jpg

IMG_4494.jpg

IMG_4495.jpg

IMG_4496.jpg

Dang! That looks nice. Could you post the part number and where you ordered the PTT switch please?

Did your grip end up like mine, in that only the bottom clamp is keeping the grip on the vertical control tube?

Your mock up on the computer is very accurate with the real thing. Great job. Can’t wait to see how it look in the aircraft.

Cheers,
    Po

Thanks for the positive feedback Po! Greatly appreciated. The push-button I chose is a UR168. I have used these in my industry (nuclear) and really like the look and the haptic feedback they provide when pressed. The internal LED (if you decide to use it) is 12-24vdc.

Let me know if you would like two of the 3d printed inserts. More than happy to print some off and send them your way.

Pic of the LED illuminated:

IMG_4497.jpg

I would love to get my hands on a couple of those myself. If the offer extends to others, please PM me. thanks.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Could you post the 3d file? I have a printer and would love to try it out.
    912 IS
    Airmaster Prop
    Garmin Stack
    C-FKLO

The 3d file can be downloaded from my Thingiverse page: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3783281

Post a 'Make' if you print them! If there is enough interest I can put together a 'kit' and make them available (3d printed parts, pushbuttons, connectors, grips...).

Dbb135,

In the second picture you have a black connector, did you purchase that connector separately or did it come with it?

Thanks!

Cheers,
    Po

Update #3:

The LizardSkins and PTT button are installed. The LizardSkins Bearclaw that I chose fits and allows full range of motion in my Kitfox IV, however I recommend purchasing the LizrdSkins Shorty, as Podunc suggested. My control stick does not go past the front of the instrument panel in my Kitfox, however after looking at a friends Kitfox IV, his control sticks go forward an additional few inches past his instrument panel. I ordered a set of Shortys and will swap thing out once they arrive, just to give some extra clearance. The Bearclaws are much too large anyway and I think the Shortys will look better.

Po, to answer your question regarding the black connector, it is a JST SM 4pin Male/Female. I purchased them here: https://www.amazon.com/RGBZONE-20Pai...gateway&sr=8-4

Here is a pic of them installed. I will get a better picture tomorrow (my 10 year old triplets were inhibiting my concentration to get a good photo! lol).

IMG_4532.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Dbb135 View Post
    The 3d file can be downloaded from my Thingiverse page: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3783281

Post a 'Make' if you print them! If there is enough interest I can put together a 'kit' and make them available (3d printed parts, pushbuttons, connectors, grips...).
    I'd be interested in a "kit".
    Mike
    Building the JaMFox N677JM
    Kitfox 5 Vixen
    KRNM

Quote Originally Posted by mike92104 View Post
    I'd be interested in a "kit".
    I'll put together a kit with instructions. The kit will include the following:

2 switches
    2 switch connectors with pigtail
    2 JST Male connectors with pigtail
    2 JST Female connectors with pigtail
    2 3d printed switch adapter fittings

Grips will need to be purchased that have two locking grips, I recommend LizardSkin Shortys, but you choose what you like and what will fit your Kitfox.

I think $30 + shipping is fair. Send me a private message if interested.

Also, I am fairly new to the group, so if selling items on the forum is frowned upon, please let me know.