Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kitfox model III or IV??

Default Re: Kitfox model III or IV??

Some differences that may help you identify what you have. Kitfox 1 has small doors, and is 36" wide at the top back of the seat. Later models from 2-4 are 39 1/2" wide. Kitfox 1 and 2 have lift struts that measure 98" in length. Kitfox 3 and 4 are something like 10" longer. Kitfox 1,2,an 3 have under cambered wings, and extended rib tails that support the flaperons. Kitfox 4 uses aluminum angles on top and bottom of the wing. That info should tell you what you have... JImChuk

Goodafternoon guys. I have an other questione about kitfox MK2.if i found wings and levels of mk4. Can I convert a MK2 in mk4?
    in addition to speed does the vne also extend?

Inviato dal mio Mi A1 utilizzando Tapatalk

A couple of issues.

The flaperon mixer for the model IV is different from the earlier models (to improve adverse yaw issues). Because of this, the pushrod attachment is different also.

The speed limitation on the early models, I believe, is a function of flutter issues with the tail more than wing design.

Gross weight specification of the earlier models is due to several things. Size and wall thickness of several tubes in the fuselage structure.

In short. If you put Model IV wings on a Model II, you will have a Model II with Model IV wings and most limitations on the Model II apply, with different handling due to a change of airfoil.

Ralph