Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Kitfox Model I W/Rotax 532

Default Kitfox Model I W/Rotax 532

Gentlemen I have an opportunity to buy this Plane locally in my area for 10K with only 80 Hours on the motor and Airframe. It has the series 2 wing along with a simple VFR panel. My question, does anyone have a line on the best CDI single Ignition conversion for this engine, or better yet where I might find a Rotax 582 with a DCDI I could trade out of it. I have access to a Rotax 583 CDI from a Ski Doo MACH 1 but I would need the Dual CDI Conversion along with the Dual Plug Head fly wheel and probably many other parts to go with it. Is there a conversion kit for a Rotax 583 Single Ignition to a dual CDI for less than trading out the 532 Points and Condenser single Ignition for a 582 Dual CDI engine? I look forward to all your replies.
    Thanks
    Taildragger1
    Last edited by Taildragger1; 07-10-2019 at 02:32 PM.

Default Re: Kitfox Model I W/Rotax 532

Quote Originally Posted by Taildragger1 View Post
    Gentlemen I have an opportunity to buy this Plane locally in my area for 10K with only 80 Hours on the motor and Airframe. It has the series 2 wing along with a simple VFR panel. My question, does anyone have a line on the best CDI single Ignition conversion for this engine, or better yet where I might find a Rotax 582 with a DCDI I could trade out of it. I have access to a Rotax 583 CDI from a Ski Doo MACH 1 but I would need the Dual CDI Conversion along with the Dual Plug Head fly wheel and probably many other parts to go with it. Is there a conversion kit for a Rotax 583 Single Ignition to a dual CDI for less than trading out the 532 Points and Condenser single Ignition for a 582 Dual CDI engine? I look forward to all your replies.
    Thanks
    Taildragger1
    I just spoke with a very trusted Pilot and will be looking for a Rotax 582 to put in this plane if I purchase it.
    Thanks
    Bradley

I have a never ran 582 with dual ignition, 3-1 C gearbox, dual carbs, oil injection and electric start for sale. It was tore down and inspected and had new gaskets and seals put in it recently. Gray head, but half the price of a new blue head from Leading Edge or the other Rotax guys. Actually have another with 160 hrs as well that was just overhauled and has new pistons + I had a Kitfox 1 with a 582 and it was a rocket ship, and a fun flying machine. JImChuk
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by avidflyer View Post
    I have a never ran 582 with dual ignition, 3-1 C gearbox, dual carbs, oil injection and electric start for sale. It was tore down and inspected and had new gaskets and seals put in it recently. Gray head, but half the price of a new blue head from Leading Edge or the other Rotax guys. Actually have another with 160 hrs as well that was just overhauled and has new pistons + I had a Kitfox 1 with a 582 and it was a rocket ship, and a fun flying machine. JImChuk

What are you asking for the 582 Jim?

im buying a Model 1 that comes with 2 running 532's, already thinking of upgrading.

Tom G

If it lets me post it, here is my barnstormers add. JImChuk

582 ROTAX C GEARBOX ELEC START
    $4,000FOR SALENever ran Rotax 582 3-1 C gearbox Elec start Just had complete inspection, new seals and gaskets. • Contact Jim Chuk, Owner - located Chisholm, MN United States •Telephone:218-750-3851 •218-254-2404 •Posted July 16, 2019

I'm also in the process of purchasing a model 1. I'm not finding any evidence of a POH on the web, does anyone have any leads? I found one for Model II. Anyone? Jim Chuk?

There really is no such thing as a factory POH on an experimental aircraft, unless the builder or a later owner makes one up. There are some factory specs, but they may very well not apply to the plane you have because of different engine, weight, ect, ect. JImChuk

The model 1 and 2 are not too different. The 2 had upgraded spars to increase gross weight capability and it has a larger vertical tail section over the model 1.
    The wings are the same and other then the 2 getting an option for wing tanks, the tails, and gross weight limits, the two models are pretty identical. So the model II POH you see will be pretty close in terms of data.

That being said, as stated above, its up to the builder to have created a POH for that particular plane.
    The point of a kit is that the builder IS the manufacture. It is why they can be given A&P for that particular aircraft. They may have made alterations to things that a factory would not have done. OR assembled the plane using a different process. If you look up the tail number on the FAA registry the manufacture is most likely not listed as "Denny Aerocraft" it will be the builders name, he or she was the manufacture. So they are responsible for making a POH for their manufactured plane. In fact, that's part of what Phase 1 testing is all about. Gathering the data to put into the POH, stall speeds, flight characteristics, all the V speed numbers. Procedures and what not.

You can use the Model II POH as a rough guide but you'll need to test the plane as you would in phase 1 and get the proper data for your particular aircraft as it may be different.
    Safe flying and good luck on the purchase!