Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: landing gear on Kitfox model 1

Default landing gear on Kitfox model 1

I recently purchased a model 1 with a damaged landing gear. Any suggestion what I should upgrade to. Grove does not make a system for the Model 1.

Default Re: landing gear on Kitfox model 1

I believe there was a guy on the AvidFoxFlyers forum that had a Kitfox 1 gear for sale. I believe later models fit as well. I also think the earliest Kitfox 1 gear legs were shorter than later ones. Something to check out, if you are just buying one gear leg. JImChuk

I just got done installing the Bush gear made by Stace Shrader of Rocky Mountain Wings on my model 1. Aside from the fact that the rest of the plane is stripped down it looks many times better than the original.

Resized_20181002_125213.jpg20190423_220925.jpg

It's a foot wider on either side and taller. Stace swore up and down that it would be straight without any adjustment once installed and it was. You do have to cut off the original forward gear attach points and weld in the new brackets that the cabane attaches to. After having done it(had someone else weld it) I think i would modify the cabane so that it shared the mounting location with the gear leg. But overall I think the gear is good quality.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Everyone - Been trying to get ahold of Stace in Nampa, ID. No one responds to my calls or texts... Is he sick or something? Sure would like to get one of those landing gears for my KitFox 1. Any ideas/info on where to get one?
    R/S Gary

Update - Tried texting and got through! Guess I'm too "old school" to have thought of that first! Fingers crossed...

Where yo able to buy the gear?, price?

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk