Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Installing the IO-240

Default Installing the IO-240

Greetings, My name is Rick Smith I live in hidden Valley Airpark in North Texas. For the past six months I have been diligently assembling a Kitfox model five I was lucky enough to find in the neighbors hanger basically in started with every option you could buy in 2000. It is going together very smoothly, I am just now installing the baffles on the continental I owe 240 the baffle Kit is fantastic but I do not have any diagrams or directions. Does anybody know if they exist or possibly have a set? I know there are only maybe half a dozen flying with this engine thought I might get lucky. I Post on the Kit fox owner’s group on Facebook, that’s convenient because you can download your data and get timestamp photo albums.
    Here are a couple pictures of my engine and the baffling that is installed where it obviously fits there are a lot of other parts.
    RickD8311F5A-8D0F-4924-863A-9159A66D5A73.jpgF5BA9D54-DA9C-4826-8579-13B2D2597EA0.jpg

Default Re: Installing the IO-240

Hi Rick, I believe we talked on the phone several months back about your build. At any rate, I have a CD with about 50 pictures of my finished IO-240 installation that I could send you that I believe would help in this case as there are plenty of close up views of the finished baffling. If you are interested PM me your address and I can get one mailed your way. Bruce Lina N199CL

You’re a good man Bruce.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Quote Originally Posted by airlina View Post
    Hi Rick, I believe we talked on the phone several months back about your build. At any rate, I have a CD with about 50 pictures of my finished IO-240 installation that I could send you that I believe would help in this case as there are plenty of close up views of the finished baffling. If you are interested PM me your address and I can get one mailed your way. Bruce Lina N199CL
    Thank you very much Bruce and lucky me I found the elusive check valve! It was in a box of parts with the rest of the 50 Cent brass fittings… Except it’s $521! from Spruce20B269FC-B55B-47C2-8BFA-A40EF349C8B1.jpg

Fantastic Rick, I was doing some research on the elusive sniffle valve and saw how costly they were if you couldn't find it. the photo CD will be enroute tomorrow and photo 38 shows the drains location and what they are for. If you have any questions give me a holler. Bruce N199CL

Back in the Good Ole Days I had a Kitfox Website, and on it an IO-240B Pictures page, here's
    all the images. They're old now, but I don't think the install has changed.

I have not the slightest idea, beyond Bruce, and my Pics who's are who's, so ...

Jeff

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Apr_fvwH3agf12I37yM14CzEmOx0?e=xNdtAj

Quote Originally Posted by DesertFox4 View Post
    You’re a good man Bruce.
    I can add my vote to those sentiments. Bruce helped me on a previous enquiry on an unrelated thread on the forum.
    David
    SS7 Builder

Come on guys you are making me blush. I am simply paying it forward, as I received help from guys (like Jeff who just chimed in with more photos in this thread) during my build. I really appreciate this forum , and after 16 years of Kitfoxing still refer to searches and previous posts for maintenance ,mods and ideas. Lots of bright minds on here. Bruce N199CL

I'm currently on vacation with limited internet access. I can chip in too if needed. I just turned over 200 hours last week on my plane.
    Phil Nelson
    A&P-IA, Maintenance Instructor
    KF 5 Outback, Cont. IO-240
    Flying since 2016

Quote Originally Posted by n85ae View Post
    Back in the Good Ole Days I had a Kitfox Website, and on it an IO-240B Pictures page, here's
    all the images. They're old now, but I don't think the install has changed.

I have not the slightest idea, beyond Bruce, and my Pics who's are who's, so ...

Jeff

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Apr_fvwH3agf12I37yM14CzEmOx0?e=xNdtAj

Beautiful photos, just what was needed. Thank you.
    Rick