Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser CPS Parts EarthX Batteries

View Poll Results: Are you coming to the Kitfox Barbecue on Thursday?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I am coming to the Barbecue

21 61.76%
  • Yes - 2 Attendees

9 26.47%
  • Yes - 3 Attendees

3 8.82%
  • Yes - 4 Attendees

1 2.94%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: UPDATED!! Airventure 2019 Kitfox Celebration

Default Re: UPDATED!! Airventure 2019 Kitfox Celebration

Hi Larry and All,

Add 2 x Aussies to the list! (Larry I've already voted for 2 at the BBQ)

We will aim to bring some Australian desserts, chocolates and the like... perhaps even some Vegemite for those interested.

Jono

I found and very detailed section on the website regarding the NOTAM . It gives details on the UL field. Pictures, land marks and instructions . Go to www.EAA.org/NOTAM . There are videos and tips

Quote Originally Posted by Av8r3400 View Post
    I need to give just a few points on our Kitfox 35th Anniversary celebration at Airventure 2019.

Get a NOTAM here: LINK. You MUST have a NOTAM onboard your aircraft to fly into OSH. Paper or electronic, you need to have one and read it through and be familiar with it.

First - and most important: Flying into the Ultralight Field.

Flying into the Ultralight Field is not for the feint of heart. It is a challenging, short and blind approach meant for 30 mph ultralights. It can be done with our planes, but it is not for a novice pilot. PLEASE! Do not be pressured by me or anyone else to push yourself into flying into a field you are not ready or wanting to fly into. Every year there are people who have trouble flying into the 10,000 foot 36/18 runway. Oshkosh can be an intimidating experience. Don't let peer-pressure or pride create a bad situation which could cause an accident or worse get someone injured.

Second - Parking from the main field.

If you choose to fly into the main field, this year it will be possible to park your Kitfox in the UL Field. The unofficial 2019 procedure for Kitfoxes only will be to display the letters "UL" on a sheet of paper to the parking flaggers and they will direct you to the south end of the show grounds where you can taxi up through the Classic Parking area, just to the east of the UL field. You can not taxi under power in the Ultralight area, the aircraft must be pushed or tugged (there are two tugs in the UL area to help). This is usually not allowed, but we have worked it out to make an exception for Kitfoxes this year only.

Third - Kitfox Barbecue.

I will again be hosting a barbecue at my campsite on Thursday July 25 at about 4 pm. It will be nothing fancy (burgers and such) but I would appreciate a head count so that I can order a sufficient amount of food. Please reply to the poll in this thread to let me know (Choose the number attending you are speaking for - If you already voted but want to count more than one, post a reply)

Attachment 22664

Fourth - Volunteering

If you have a want to help out or maybe you have a +1 that is looking to do something other than stand around listening to the guys talk planes, we always need volunteers to help in the UL Red Barn. There are some benefits given to volunteers...

I look forward to seeing everyone both new and returning friends! Let's make it a safe and fun week of celebrating the BEST aircraft ever!
    Thanks for putting all of this together!

Unfortunately I will not be able to fly my Kitfox into the show this year. My EIS has some serious issues....so not enough time to correct or replace. I will be at Oshkosh all week volunteering so I can come over to visit.
    Dan G.
    Model IV 1200 - Tri-gear
    Jabiru 2200
    Flying

Does the fuel truck come to the ultralight parking (100ll)?
    SS7 O-200 Whirlwind

Quote Originally Posted by ken nougaret View Post
    Does the fuel truck come to the ultralight parking (100ll)?
    No. But there is Swift available on the UL Runway.
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

Larry , I think I have at least 1 maybe 2 guys coming with me to the BBQ. Our plans seem be still not completely firm yet.Sorry

Hello Larry, I have 2 attendees for the BBQ. See you soon.
    I placed a vote for 2.
    Shawn
    Building IV Classic

Room for two more? We’re newbie pilots and want to own a kitfox in the future. Would be great to meet everyone in person!
    - Aaron

Newbie, just starting my PPL, future Kitfox owner (fingers crossed)

Just got a text alert from EAA (9:15pm CDT) that Camp Scholler is closed to incoming campers due to flooding. They will assess situation in the morning and provide update. Sloshkosh II ??

Rick