Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: I’m on my way!!

Default I’m on my way!!

Hi Everyone!

My my name is Ty and I’m new to the forum. I have wanted to get my pilots license for 30 years or so. Basically my whole life. Since I haven’t been able to afford it, I settle for dreaming, watching planes fly over me, learning all the free info I can get my hands on, and binge watching Flying Cowboy videos.

Yesterday, my boss called me into his office. We were talking about my future with the company. As an incentive, he told me the company is paying for my ENTIRE private pilots training! I was speechless. I was all tears. What’s crazy, is he didn’t even know how obsessed I have been with flying. He just thought I would enjoy it!

So I’m off to my introductory flight tomorrow!! So excited! Can’t wait to get a Kitfox some day soon!

Ty

Default Re: I’m on my way!!

Congrats Ty. Now that’s an incentive! Enjoy your training. Maybe someday soon you’ll be able to take your boss for a Kitfox ride.
    Welcome to the forums Ty. Let us know how your trining goes.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Without a doubt! As Desertfox4 says, that is one hell of an incentive. That is a gesture of what your boss thinks of you. Gotta make you feel good all the way around. Got a little blurry vision there myself. Congratulations for a job well done and welcome to the Forum. Definitely keep us informed. The best advice is just to hit hard, dedicate the time and focus on the objective. You will enjoy it more and finish quicker. Good luck
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

What a good deal you got there! Nice work! Great boss! Enjoy! Welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Everyone!! Just finished my first intro flight. Got to fly down the beach at 1000’. My wife got to go too which makes it that much better. Can’t wait for the next one!

D4A89F65-9A1B-42FB-BAAE-34FD2BC0C5D0.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Great incentive! You must be an invaluable employee! Enjoy the training, it will suck at times but it's very rewarding.
    ------------------
    Josh Esser
    Flying SS7
    Rotax 914iS
    AirMaster Prop

Edmonton, AB, CWL3

Thumbs up Re: I’m on my way!!

I used to spend all my free time at the airport, sometimes just hanging out. Started helping the owner of the flight school/FBO so he could go play golf. In the transition between careers I was there every day opening up in the morning and minding the store. I didn't get a paycheck but I seldom had to buy gas for my plane and I did get my SEL Comm. for free. I still cherish those times. Congrats Ty.

Quote Originally Posted by Gpenntx View Post
    I used to spend all my free time at the airport, sometimes just hanging out. Started helping the owner of the flight school/FBO so he could go play golf. In the transition between careers I was there every day opening up in the morning and minding the store. I didn't get a paycheck but I seldom had to buy gas for my plane and I did get my SEL Comm. for free. I still cherish those times. Congrats Ty.

Nice! I know the feeling! I did the same thing at a scuba diving shop. They didn't have any employment opportunities available, so I just showed up anyway. I filled tanks, swept the shop, anything just to be around that environment. I just wanted to smell the neoprene and hear divers talking about their adventures. I couldn't assemble a set of gear properly, but I didn't care. I loved it. After a few weeks of me just being there, showing passion and commitment, the owner said...."well, I guess since you're here everyday I might as well pay you." I stayed with them for 10 years. Ended up a technical diving instructor and a 50-ton master captain. Now I just dive for fun.

My dream with flying is to be able to fly my wife and I to our diving destinations. South Florida, Bahamas, Florida Keys, etc.

I watch the video John McBean shared when he flew to the Bahamas.

I'm still in awe that I finally get to pursue my lifelong dream of flying. I'm really excited to meet other passionate pilots. I wonder where my first fly-in will be????

Ahhhhh!!!!! So many smiles!!!