Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Opinions on a first build

Default Opinions on a first build

Hello everyone, I am new to the forum. I am looking for opinions from experienced builders on how “easy” a build is. I am wanting to build a series 7, but I am thinking maybe leave it to the pros. I am fairly mechanically inclined. Is it recommended to have some sort of experience/knowledge before building? Also, if anyone on here is in the Twin Falls, Idaho area id like to connect and come see your fox! Thank you!

Default Re: Opinions on a first build

Welcome aboard Iceman. I hope you get to visit in person with a builder in your area. You likely will find them to be a first time builder. Most are happy to share their experiences building their Kitfox.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Iceman,
    If I can do it anybody can! It just takes time. The manual is very, very good and the support from the factory is even better. I do live here in Twin Falls and would love for you to come by and see what your next project could look like.

Michael Verzwyvelt

Iceman, go onto the Kitfox website and view the manual they have posted. Look at one page of instructions, any page, and you will see that they are written so well that you will realize it isn't too difficult. Occasionally you will come across something you don't understand and that is where this forum is so helpful. If you need to, you can call the factory on weekdays so you won't be left without help very long. Don't fool yourself though, You will be challenged at times. In the end, that is the source of the pride you will experience.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Thank you! I did get a message from a guy here in Twin, I’m going to take a look at his series 7.

Thank you! I am going to check out the manual!

Thank you for reaching out! I am excited to come take a look!

If you know what end of a screw driver to grab, you are probably qualified. Kitfox manual is probably best in the business, and loads of help on this forum. Just wish the forum was here when I built my Kitfox.
    David E.
    Woodstock, Georgia
    N97DE S5 TD Flying

N97KE RV-9A Sold
    N96KE RV10 Sold
    Rans S21 Helping Brother Build (Selling)
    Vans RV-14A (On Order)

Quote Originally Posted by Agfoxflyer View Post
    If you know what end of a screw driver to grab, you are probably qualified. Kitfox manual is probably best in the business, and loads of help on this forum. Just wish the forum was here when I built my Kitfox.
    🤣🤣😂, well I think I do