Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buying a kit in Australia?

Default Buying a kit in Australia?

Hi guys,
    im brand new to kitfox’s and I was wondering if there is a Kitfox sales centre in Australia? I’m very interested in starting a build but not sure if I have buy from the states or if there is a place that is local.
    thanks in advance,
    Biam

Default Re: Buying a kit in Australia?

Welcome to the Kitfox community Biam.

Kitfox Aircraft does not utilize any sales centers. Customers all around the world deal directly with the factory
    located at Homedale, Idaho when purchasing kits or parts. The people at Kitfox Aircraft are well versed in shipping kits, supplying parts and providing technical support to the many Kitfox builders and owners flying completed aircraft in Australia. It’s exciting to see the growth of the Kitfox family there. Hope you become a builder soon Biam and again, welcome.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Thanks DesertFox4
    Now I just have to convince the wife to let me spend the money.

Many of us have had to do that Biam. 😊

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Tell her “it’s just numbers, love, just numbers”! Worked for me
    Joe Gallagher
    Flying 7SS

http://frontierfox.home.blog

If you are buying a kit from outside the US will there be a big import tax charge to consider?

Hi Biam,

There are a few of us here in Australia who have built the latest ( Model 7) Kitfox. I'm in Mt Beauty, Vic, Ben is in Sale, Vic ( also a LAME) and David is melbourne but building at Moama. Ben and David are very close to being finished and mine has been flying for about 3.5 yrs now with 500hrs on it. We have all gone to the US and visited the factory as well as flown with Stick and Rudder. Happy to chat about our experience if you want to PM?

cheers

ross
    Ross
    Mt Beauty, Vic
    OZ
    Sold to Richard and Scott Taubman in OZ, 2019. Kitfox SS7,Rotax 912is Sport, Airmaster CSP 75" blades.
    Landcruiser and Cub off road camper (doesn't get any kudos on this forum!)

Thanks Ross, I’ll pm you shortly.
    I am currently a avionics apprentice myself. Hoping I can get a kit to put in the shed as a weekend project.

I was also hoping to find a Australian dealer so I could avoid dealing with the import taxes. I guess I’ll just have to deal with it when I get there. Might be a while before I have the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G'day Biam, As Ross mentioned, Ben and I are getting close to finishing our builds. With respect to import taxes, regardless of whether you buy a kit from the USA for not, aircraft components for amateur builds moistly come from the USA anyway and you'll pay import taxes regardless. For mine, I'd buy a basic kit from Kitfox (they're really great people to deal with) and add to it over time. That way you can spread the $ ,had, so to speak. But if you do decide to build a 7SS, you won't regret it. That are a great little aeroplane, and the quality of the kit and instruction manual are second to none.
    David
    SS7 Builder

Thanks for the feed back guys. It’s been really helpful.
    Second question, do you think a 6x9 shed will be big enough to build a Kitfox in?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk