Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: New Prop Choice for 100hp Subaru

Default New Prop Choice for 100hp Subaru

I've posted in the Engines forum for advice specific to returning to service...but I know nothing about the Subaru engine and the best prop choice. Not sure what was on it prior to the prop strike. What are y'all using? 68" I imagine? Two or three blade? Thanks!

Default Re: New Prop Choice for 100hp Subaru

You may get a few responses, but don't expect much because there are very very few Subaru powered Kitfoxes due to weight and cooling problems and many folks who got screwed by Eggenfelner who was one of the main Subaru conversion shops.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

Is it the NSI Subaru?

Quote Originally Posted by Spaghettiohead View Post
    I've posted in the Engines forum for advice specific to returning to service...but I know nothing about the Subaru engine and the best prop choice. Not sure what was on it prior to the prop strike. What are y'all using? 68" I imagine? Two or three blade? Thanks!
    I have a 72” ivo med. that I ran for about 200 hours on a stratus Subaru conversion (115 hp).
    The prop was awesome ,easy to get the correct pitch ,quiet and trouble free.
    i pulled the Subaru and won’t need the prop anymore. I have spacers and the spinner 11” .
    gonna get rid of all of it . Subaru too if anyone is interested, firewall forward everything.
    still running awesome going to a lycoming more HP.

You didn't mention in this post what you had for a reduction drive, but I looked at your other post and see you have a gear reduction. Most likely you then need a left hand prop for your engine. The Stratus Subaru engine uses a belt drive, so it uses a right hand prop. That being the case, I will mention that I have a IVO medium 70" 3 blade left hand inflight adjustable prop for sale. That prop has never been used. I do also have a new quick adjust hub in case a person didn't want to go with the inflight adjustable set up. Contact me by private message if you want more info. And ghillifox, I would have kept out of it and not stepped on your possible sale if I thought you had the correct direction prop for his needs. I did some research before I posted my message. JImChuk

No worries mate.