Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Airplane weight loss ideas.

Default Re: Airplane weight loss ideas.

Thanks for chiming in Phil. I was wondering the aerodynamic drag penalty of going with no tips and just a carbon sheet screwed to the end.

I probably will keep bigger tires but I was thinking since it’s such slight plane if I could get away with drilling lightening holes in the rim..
    ------------------
    Josh Esser
    Flying SS7
    Rotax 914iS
    AirMaster Prop

Edmonton, AB, CWL3

My last build is a kitfox model 1 #0038, 582 greyhead, Cbox, elec start,atv battery, led lights, led landing lights, ivo 3blade,desser 8:50-6,1.5" axels, clevland dual puck calipers, no wing tanks, mid wing fences, tips removed and big flat plates installed,,,,Total weigh in was 492.6lbs with one gallon of gas in the tank, inj oil bottle full.

Cool Re: Airplane weight loss ideas.

I’ve decided to change hunting buddies and dropped almost 100lbs right there...
    BAM!

It can reduce quite a bit with a lighter engine option, 110 pounds. There is a 100 HP turbohecing that can be used with both diesel and JP, with a consumption of 4.7 gallons/hour