Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: K & N filters

Default K & N filters

I called K & N today for a part number and was treated very poorly when she asked what it was for and I told her. She said they do not support or supply parts for any aircraft and refused to even give me a part number then hung up. Aircraft spruce has a big advertisement for them on their site ? They also sell another brand so I will take K & N off my Vender list as they no longer support our sport!

Default Re: K & N filters

Which engine are you wanting to buy a K&N filter for?

All throughout my build I never told but one vendor what I was using the item on for that very reason. People like to raise the price on the items as well. When I went in to get my exhaust stinger chromed, the shop had lots of airplane stuff around the office. They do so much work on parts for Northrop and the like. They were the only ones I figured wouldn't give me grief. Unfortunate that the person was so rude though. That is unacceptable.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

[QUOTE=Carlyle;912 ULS with carb heat

I found early on that you cannot ever say that you are using a non aviation vendors product for an airplane. my first experience with this was at a hydraulics and hose place locally where I was trying to buy some odd ball plumbing fittings. When the sales guy offhandedly asked what the fittings were for , I naively said an airplane I was building and that was the end of the sale. Went back a week or two later got a different sales guy and said they where for an old bulldozer, and those fittings are on my airplane today. The homebuilders don't ask don't tell policy. Bruce N199CL

If asked,the best and most honest answer is, it's for an off road vehicle. The salespersons eyes usually glase over and no truth gets hurt in the the purchasing process

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty View Post
    If asked,the best and most honest answer is, it's for an off road vehicle. The salespersons eyes usually glase over and no truth gets hurt in the the purchasing process
    That has been my standard line too. No one seems to question it.
    Phil Nelson
    A&P-IA, Maintenance Instructor
    KF 5 Outback, Cont. IO-240
    Flying since 2016