Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Airventure grounds updates

Default Airventure grounds updates

Just got back from a weekend work party at Oshkosh. Many of the improvements on the "new south 40" can be found on the Airventure website. Elsewhere, for those in Camp Scholler, if you end up at the far south end a new 72 stall shower facility has been built. The west market store has been rebuilt and now includes the laundry. The federal pavilion building is gone along with the cafe close to it. This will be the new "north aircraft display area" ( where Kitfox LLC is usually located) moving it closer to the main area of the show. The federal agencies will now be in hangar D. They have moved the majority of the non-aviation companies out of the display hangers. Exhibit space in the hangars is sold out for this year with 55 companies on the waiting list. Unfortunately the emerald ash borer has done a lot of damage, so quite a few shade trees are gone (we took down 3 more this morning). This is the second time I've been there before the show and to see it "empty" is still quite a sight. 43 days and counting!

Rick

Default Re: Airventure grounds updates

Thank You Very Much Rick for your time and effort to make the Airventure a pleasure to attend. As they always say, they wouldn't be able to put on the show without folks like you. Still on the fence about attending this year for lack of time.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Thanks Eddie!! Yesterday there was about 50 of us, but dropped to about 20 today but rain was a factor. Mostly those fairly close to Oshkosh. I've been going long enough and finally got off my butt and went up to help out. Hope you can make it!!

Rick

Again Eddie said it best but I’ll add my thanks to you Rick and thanks to all the EAA volunteers who make each AirVenture so enjoyable for all who attend.😀👍

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Thank you Steve. It may be different at other times but at least for this weekend, while there were about 7-8 teens, I would have to say the majority of volunteers were not " spring chickens". Need some young blood. This manual labor wears me down too fast!!

Rick