Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Nanco 21x12.00-8 tires on Model 3 with 8x6 wheels?

Default Nanco 21x12.00-8 tires on Model 3 with 8x6 wheels?

I need to replace 20x7.00-8 tires on the original 8-inch diameter, 6-inch width (bead to bead) wheels. On the forum I see others have installed the Nanco 21x12.00-8 tires but would like to verify that has been done on 6-inch wide wheels. The Nanco specs state that the optimal width should be 9.5 inches.

Default Re: Nanco 21x12.00-8 tires on Model 3 with 8x6 wheels?

I'm sorry I can't chime in, but I will be following. I feel I may need to replace the tires on my Model 2 sooner rather than later. If I'm not mistaken, they are the same rim.

Carlyle, I'm going ahead and ordering the Nanco's. Am doing tubeless and will put in slime or similar. I'll post again in a couple weeks to let you know if the plane is still in one piece. Scott

I have a set of those Nancos on the shelf, and haven't installed them yet. I do have a set of old KingFox tires that are the exact same size installed on Kitfox rims though, so I'm about positive the nancos will fit as well. I was sure enough to buy a set. JImChuk

Jim, thanks much for the reply! I'll be replying to this post in a couple weeks after installing and flying them some to let you and Carlyle know how it went. Scott

Got the Nanco's mounted and inflated to 7psi or so. No inner tubes and on the original 8" diameter, 6" bead width rims. So far have only one flight on them. Think they'll work just fine on the ground. They do slow me down by 5 mph or so compared to the original 20x7.00-8 Cheng Shin tires. I'll focus on improving my short field skills for a while and see if I mind the cruise speed loss.

20190627_195840.jpg