Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Advice on finding / buying my first Kitfox: Georgia

Question Advice on finding / buying my first Kitfox: Georgia

Hello from a new member and thank you for letting me be a part of the forum! I am a 47 year old married man from Sandersville, Georgia with 3 grown and almost grown kiddos with a real busy and demanding job. I have invested all my free time in flying the last couple years and I am almost done with my instrument rating. I have a Cessna T206H for my work and travel plane and I still have my Cessna 150J that I learned to fly in. Even though I have never sat in a Kitfox, I am convinced I have to have one! I know I probably will not have time to consider building my own plane for another 5yrs. I have exhausted the internet looking for a Kitfox 5 or later with no luck. Any advice on how to find one? I plan on selling the 150 after I find a Kitfox. Thanks in advance for any advice!

Default Re: Advice on finding / buying my first Kitfox: Georgia

Good luck! When they pop up they usually get snatched up pretty quick...
    Jeff
    KF 5
    340KF

Welcome to the forums Clint. Glad you found us. I wish you good luck on your Kitfox quest. The used market on Kitfox aircraft is at the highest demand I’ve ever seen. Especially model 5’s through the 7 Super Sports. Those with Rotax engines will usually sell the day they are listed. You may have to travel long distances quickly to look at one that does pop on the market.
    You also need to be knowledgable about the various models and engines, avionics ect and be ready to move quickly if you do find one before a couple hundred other buyers do. You didn’t list your physical size, weight and height, but if the model 4 would work for you, they are an incredible flying Kitfoxs. They do pop up on market but also their demand is rising quickly with the tide of demand for the later models and also depending on your mission, the model 3 with an 80 hp Rotax is a real fun performing Kitfox albeit 15 to 20 mph slower in cruise than the same engined model 4. The model 1 and 2s, while certainly not lacking in incredible S.T.O.L. performance and exciting flight characteristics, suffer only from reduced useful loads and slightly diminished cabin size dimensions.
    Keep watching TeamKitfox.com’s classifieds of course as many of our members are kind enough to list their planes here first out of courtesy to our membership and we do appreciate that courtesy. Barnstormers is always a daily must check location.
    Again, I wish you luck Clint. The hunt will be well worth the effort if you find the one that fits you.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Wow, the Kitfox Market has never been hotter, or had less inventory.
    The "formally cheap" used ones are going for so much now, might as well go buy a new kit.
    But have you priced chrom-moly lately? Price is waaaay up.

If you want to buy a cheap fox, you probably have to find it before it hits the market, that
    means going to airports and asking around. Putting an ad on market websites, stating what you are looking for.
    You will get some calls, and maybe even find a deal from someone that just "wants it gone", and does not care too
    much about money.
    Hope this helps
    Roger