Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: ADS-B in and out

Thumbs up ADS-B in and out

Recently installed the Uavionix Echo UAT and finally got to do a partial test prior to doing the compliance test in a radar area. I am reading other traffic and they are getting all my info. Uavionix has been helpful throughout the process and am using an Ipad Mini 4 for display. Have Foreflight on the Ipad and ADS-B traffic shows nicely. Used a Ram mount to hold the pad and am happy with that as well. Model 7, N707US. N. Idaho

Default Re: ADS-B in and out

I'm looking at the EchoUAT as well. Looks like one of the best bargains out there for Experimental. Been hearing lots of good reports from other uavionix users. What did you install for GPS? And where did you mount the antenna? Just curious. Thanks.
    Kitfox Sport TW
    Colorado

Hello Jeff, I'm in the same boat. I am thinking of going with stratus but would like to see a finished product. Could you show a pic with your i pad 4 on the ram mount? or send me a pic at 402-750-8916. thanks

Patrick Hintz
    kit fox 6

Quote Originally Posted by Lawdog View Post
    I'm looking at the EchoUAT as well. Looks like one of the best bargains out there for Experimental...
    Mounted the SKYFX (GPS unit) on a bracket I made above pilots head. I have a glove box that I mounted the UAT unit on which is behind the panel. The transmit antenna, which looks like the inexpensive transponder antenna, mounted on a ground plane under fuselage about 30" aft of my transponder antenna which is about under my posterior.
    I have the Sandia xpdr and only one wire to it from UAT. You can download the manual and it will cover all transponders. The SKYFX has a GPS and all data is transmitted via WiFi
    to Iphone or Ipad. I'm using an Ipad Mini4 on a RAM mount. So far I would do same again.

Some photos of a uavionix install on an earlier thread started by jeff 3/26/18 if you search "adsb install". Mine has worked flawlessly since installation last year, a great addition at a reasonable cost. Bruce N199CL

I've been very happy with my uavionics echo uat. No issues. Getting the "in" on both my tablet with avare and my ifly 740b.
    SS7 O-200 Whirlwind

Quote Originally Posted by jeffbock View Post
    Mounted the SKYFX (GPS unit) on a bracket I made above pilots head. I have a glove box that I mounted the UAT unit on which is behind the panel. The transmit antenna, which looks like the inexpensive transponder antenna, mounted on a ground plane under fuselage about 30" aft of my transponder antenna which is about under my posterior.
    I have the Sandia xpdr and only one wire to it from UAT. You can download the manual and it will cover all transponders. The SKYFX has a GPS and all data is transmitted via WiFi
    to Iphone or Ipad. I'm using an Ipad Mini4 on a RAM mount. So far I would do same again.
    Thanks for taking the time to reply with that info, much appreciated. I'll be installing the same components.
    Kitfox Sport TW
    Colorado